MEDIA CODE OF BEHAVIOUR
In addition to the General Code of Behaviour set out in this By-law, as a media representative in any activity held by or under the auspices of a Community Cricket Peak Body, a Region, or an Affiliated Club and Association, you must meet the following requirements in regard to your conduct during any such activity or event:
- Provide coverage of all player’s Cricket activities, including development programs, competitive and non-competitive Cricket.
- Be aware of the difference between adult Cricket programs and children's Cricket programs.
- Place in proper perspective the isolated incidents of unsportsmanlike behaviour rather than make such incidents the "highlight" of the event.
- Focus upon player’s fair play and their honest effort.
- Identify and report on the problems of players participating in organised Cricket and report the violations and distortions of their rights as players.
- Recognize the sporting achievements of players from disadvantaged groups, including adolescent girls, people with disabilities, Koories and Torres Strait islanders, people from non-English speaking backgrounds and rural population.
- Recognize and report the achievements of volunteers as administrators, coaches, officials and mentors of cricket.